Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple Cider Vinegar

Posted by RyseRyse_2004 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 10:47

Thought I would share this with you. I am always apprehensive about so-called cures but last year the cats all had ear mites. I would clean the ones that would stand for it, but it has always been a problem with outdoor cats. Since we let them all in every now and then for 'lap time', I don't like the idea of parasites. (They all are wormed twice a year.)

So --- I started putting a tablespoon of ACV in the cats and dogs water daily. It took a couple of months but the mites disappeared and all ears are pink and clean. The mites never came back and I haven't had to clean the dogs ears since then either.

I think the concentration of 1 TBS. per gallon of water isn't enough to discourage fleas and ticks though and the cats won't drink the water if I increase the amount. (The creek is close enough that they will just avoid the vinegar water.)

For those of you who have multiple barn cats, try this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple Cider Vinegar

So you use it at just 1TBS per gallon? Do you use Bragg's?

OT: When my dog was suffering from allergies, my gosh, I tried everything and nothing would help clear up her rashes and stuff. It's nice to know that there is something holistic that actually DOES work. All those high dollar holistic dog foods only made matters WORSE for my dog. I know all dogs are different but I just became completely disgusted(and very angry too!) with the whole dog food advisor and all the so called experts and bought some dog chow since she could eat it without issues and here she is now perfectly healthy and no signs of allergies...go figure!

This post was edited by arkansas_girl on Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 7:38

o

We buy Eden Organic by the case and use it for ourselves also. I probably use a 'over-flowing' tablespoon to a gallon of water. Maybe now that the cats are used to it, I could increase it a little.

o

What other good uses do you have for the ACV?

o

For ourselves, I use it for anything calling for vinegar. My husband puts a Tbls. of it in his fruit drink every day. I do lots of pickling (green beans, baby carrots, dried tomatoes in olive oil and ACV, sweet peppers) so we get plenty of ACV in our regular diet.

The only real difference I see in health though is with the ear mites in the cats and dogs. Oh also, when we raised chickens I put it in their water also. They didn't have problems with parasites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here