Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One happy dog owner

Posted by glaserberl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 2, 11 at 10:03

One of the guys (older, kind of crusty) who works for us came in last Friday and said he was going to have a bad weekend because he was going to have to put his old dog down. I asked him why and he said she couldn't walk straight for the last few days. I immediately thought vestibular disease and showed him a video. He was amazed because his dog was doing the same thing. He agreed he should get her checked out. Monday morning comes and - drum roll - the dog is fine. Not vestibular disease but a bad ear infections and ears full of gunk. They cleaned the ears, gave him antibiotics and $35 later was on his way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One happy dog owner

yeah, glad the old guy's dog got some help and isn't too sick! Some people don't clean their dogs ears regularly. Big floppy eared dogs are notorious for yeasty, easily infected ears.

I bet he is glad you showed him the video. I know his dog is ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here