Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

mommy's little helper

Ninapearl
10 years ago

don't blink because if you do, you won't see him move. he's that fast! harley always helps me clean the piggy barns. when i bring the tractor in, the other 3 oinkers go to the farthest spot. but not harley. oh no, never harley! he thinks i will do a better job if he...ummm...supervises!

he's such a goober!! LOL

Comments (8)

• christine1950
    10 years ago

He sure likes sun bathing :>)

• trancegemini_wa
    10 years ago

awww, harley! so cute little man

• User
    10 years ago

What a brave piglet Harley is! The tractor must be to porcines what the vacuum cleaner is to felines...run away!!!

How is your weather? Are your piglets keeping warm? Here in WI, we're suffering with below zero temps!

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

under the yellow blanket, there is a cave full of straw. it's packed so full, the pigs crawl in and cover themselves up and all you see are little snouts sticking out. i add straw almost every day to make sure they have enough to burrow down into and stay warm. they don't come out much during the really cold days unless it's sunny. if it's sunny, they will lay in a pile just inside the barn door so, they are staying plenty warm.

they also get a bowl of warm cool-aid and/or warm oatmeal at least twice a day during the really cold days.

pig parents worry about the warmth in the winter and the heat of summer. not too many happy mediums here in illinois!

oh and yes, harley is superpig, fearless in every sense of the word. no matter who is out there, friend or foe (think "vet"), he will beg for cookies and root at ankles. the tractor...he seems to think it is a big toy for him to challenge. while the other pigs (translation - normal) will stay as far away as they can get, harley will spend his time charging/spinning/running away...rinse and repeat...until he is worn out or i am finished with my work, whichever comes first. LOL

• User
    10 years ago

What a character Harley is! I'm so glad the piggies are keeping warm. You sound like a fantastic piggie parent to me. What could be better than a nice bowl of oatmeal on a cold winter day?

I really enjoy seeing the pics of them in their pools during the summer. :)

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    10 years ago

Great pictures! Those piggies are snug as bugs in rugs!! I bet it is plenty warm when they all pile in there!! They are lucky little piglets, that's for sure!!

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh yeah, they are warm as toast. besides the straw bedding, they also have several thick blankets to crawl under. they manage to rearrange things in such as way that they end up snuggled down into the straw with a blanket over the top of them. pretty ingenious animals! i have been putting my hands on them often just to make sure they aren't shivering. so far, i have yet to see that so they're good to go!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    10 years ago

Nina, they are smarter than my schnauzer. I cover him up with baby blankets and he ends up on top of the blankets, shivering.