Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 1 1/2 year old female cat started peeing on my bed.

Posted by nini2898 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 8:42

I just moved from an apartment to a house. The house is the home i grew up in. I have 2 cats. an 8 year old boy and a 1 1/2 year old girl. the boy cat has lived in this home before and only took him about an hour to adjust back. but the girl had a hard time the first few nights. BUT!! she started peeing on my bed. only in one spot. its the same spot every night. i thought about the UTI and all that. but shes perfectly healthy. she is stressed from the move. i know that. but how and what can i do to make her stop peeing on that one spot!! every night i have to strip down my bed and change the sheets and blankets. (i'm running out of blankets!!) some of the blankets are old anyway and i have thrown them out due to the smell of pee still being there after being washed..
i was told by a fellow petstore shopping that putting tin foil on the spot will detour her from peeing. she wont like the feeling on her feet. must try that. shes playing again with her brother and eating. and acting normal now. but still peeing....any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 1 1/2 year old female cat started peeing on my bed.

I had a dog that did that when I first got her. She was a rescue. She didn't do it every night, probably 3 or 4 times in a span of a few weeks. I believe she was marking where I slept, "claiming" me as hers. I put a piece of heavy plastic on the spot she went, then covered that with a folded blanket. At least I didn't have to change the bedding, only that blanket. I was able to train her not to go there, but I don't know how you do that with a cat. Maybe your cat is doing the same thing, claiming her new territory, and will stop when she's satisfied it's "hers". Good luck - I know how frustrating, (and gross) it is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here