Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

bath day

Ninapearl
13 years ago

pea gave bentley his bath last night. :)

all done!

ashley spent some time outside, the cold tuckered her out!

Comments (16)

• beegood_gw
    13 years ago

AWWW . So adorable. I love Danes. But have 2 shih tzus. I'm in my 70's so had to switch to some thing small enuff to take with me if ( heaven forbid) I had to go to a home.

• christine1950
    13 years ago

Very cute pic's, you do have the nicest looking danes I've ever seen :>)

• homebodymom
    13 years ago

I know I have said this before, but I always love seeing pics of your dogs. What a bunch of sweethearts!!!

My cat loves to groom his "brother" our lab Riley. It tugs at my heartstrings everytime :0)

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you all for the compliments. i never could have imagined how sweet these giant dogs are until i had my own. they are all such cuddle bugs! :)

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

It's always a pleasure to see your gang, ninapearl. They are such beauties - and now they are clean too!! :) How are the mini horses? How are they all handling the winter?

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

the mini horses are full of pee and vinegar! they are SO woolly, the look like giant teddy bears. :)

not sure if this will work...i'll try posting a video of the dogs and mini boys playing tag. :)

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Ninapearl/?action=view&current=DSCN6056.mp4/th_DSCN6056.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

I couldn't make it work, but would love to see it. My horse, too, is so woolly! I love brushing him when he's like this. And to bury my face in his hair. Weird, I know!!

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

try copy/pasting this in your address bar, it should work. rebel, the little pinto, is almost always the instigator. the dogs would do this all day if i let them! see how well ashley (the one with the coat on) is moving? she started a new supplement a while back and is doing GREAT with it! at 9.5 years, she's pretty darn spry, moves better than i do!!

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Ninapearl/?action=view&current=DSCN6056.mp4

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

ninapearl, that worked just great!!! Oh my gosh, how cute they are together. Clearly they are all enjoying the romp immensely! So cute to see horses and dogs playing. Ashley is 9-1/2?? Wow, she is doing great. That is really old for a dane, isn't it?? I know the big dogs don't live as long as smaller ones. :( It's so funny to see horses and dogs that are the same size. I don't know why that strikes me so funny. Thanks for sharing that. I think of your gang often and wondered how they all were doing.

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL, glad it worked! they really are such fun to watch and all of them get some great exercise in the process of playing. the dogs will play like that for 30 minutes and then sleep for hours. :)

yup, ashley is 9.5 years old. i got her from rescue when she was 7. here she is in her winter finery...

the marking around her eye used to be solid black. she is getting lots of gray hairs now, just like her mommy! :D

glad we can put a smile on your face. people often ask me if my horses think they are dogs or my dogs think they are horses. it's just hard to say!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

Well, she is really stylin' now, isn't she!!! I love the way they sit on your couch! You must be doing something very right to see her looking so well and running around like the younger dogs. They are all just one big herd!! Ha ha. Thank you so much for sharing all those pictures and the video.

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you murraysmom. i'm always happy to share pics of my babies. :)

to answer your question, danes (and other giant breed dogs) do not have the long life span enjoyed by smaller breeds. however, much like it is with horses over the past 20 years, better vet care and specialty health products have helped add some longevity. at 9.5 years, i know every day with ashley is a gift. i have heard of danes living up to 12 and 13 and i hope i am so blessed!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

Wow, I didn't know that. How wonderful for you! I know that horses are living longer. My Teddy is 22-1/2 and you wouldn't think he was a day over 14! The farm he lives on has had several horses there that have been in their mid 20's to 30's. He is outside 24/7 and loving it. He is in a 30 acre pasture with 8 or 9 other horses.

I'm sure with your wonderful care, Ashley will be with you for a long time. That is certainly my wish for you and your four-legged friends!!

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

good for your teddy!! horses do SO much better when they are allowed to live more naturally. those that are stalled 24/7, while they may be healthy, aren't nearly as happy as those allowed to roam and live in a herd!

when i lost my quarter horse mare a few years ago, she was 37. she was getting so arthritic and suffered from ovarian cysts. i couldn't see putting her through another bitter cold winter.

tuffy was 28 when i laid him to rest a few months ago. his health was failing, cancer i am pretty sure, but he lived a long and happy life with me!

hope you have many more happy years with teddy. :)

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

Thanks. I knew you had lost Tuffy, but I didn't know you lost another horse as well. So sorry. I think Teddy had been stalled for 20 years - before I got him. He seems so happy being out with his friends and getting to eat whenever he wanted and to run and roll whenever he wants. One day I had him outside his pasture, brushing him and just talking to him in general. I told him how lucky he was to be living there at the farm now, with all his friends and I asked him if he was happy and he shook his head "yes"!! No such thing as a dumb animal in my opinion!! :)

• shinewingps
    13 years ago

Shine Wing Pet Daily Manufactory Co., Ltd. (www.shinewingpetshampoo.com) find agency

Shine Wing Pet Daily Manufactory Co., Ltd. Established in 1997, our factory is specialized in the production of pet shampoo, as a pet shampoo manufacturer in China, we do exporting products as per customers formulation. And we sincerely hope to expand our business scope to other pet shampoo field by developing with our potential customer who are contributing themselves in pet line.

More detail please see our website: www.shinewingpetshampoo.com