Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More guts than brains

Posted by beegood (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 8, 10 at 7:47

Yesterday my Shih Tzus were barking at the window in the early afternoon. Ilooked out saw nothing and opened the door to look around and they scooted out and there behind a shrub on my driveway was this coyote. WELL--- Tessa the older of the two was going to send him packing. !!Nothing I said ( actually screamed ) to her stopped her. The coyote did not move and she was yipping at him froma few feet away. I ran up to him screaming and he finally decided to very slowly leave with Tessa on his tail. Kept looking back at her. Since I have invisible fencing she did not follow very far. I had to chase him rest of the way. Came back about an hour later. Had to send him packing once more. Hate those crutters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More guts than brains

Well, she told him she wasn't food! Reminds me of my min-pin Taschi (RIP); she was 14 years old, half blind, no teeth and she took off toward the hen-house,, there were two sullen looking pit-bulls! She went after them, letting them know they weren't welcome. Pit-bulls looked at each other as though saying: what is this? and ambled off.
We always saidf that Taschi had "delusions of Great Dane" LOL

o

LOL!

If Shih Tzus were the size of Rottweilers, we'd all be in trouble!

o

what brave little ones you have! my shih tzu loves people, squirrels and her birdies, but when it comes to the 4 legged kind thats another story. she figures if she turns her head sideways they can't see her. be careful that coyote doesn't get too brave.

freezing here in -28 degree weather, but gracies bundled up in her blanket watching her birdies from inside

o

Ya........be worried! :) The coyote probably came back because he now knows there is prey there. Your little one was very lucky since coyotes are so quick he could have grabbed her and been gone before you could open your mouth to yell. This summer I saw one catch a ground squirrel (and they're fast!) in our leach field, then he devoured every inch of it....including the tail!

o

Oh I know what coyotes are capable of. I have lived with them for the last 40 years. It's not like this happens every day. This is the first time in all these years I have ever had this happen. Believe me I did not turn them loose to chase him away. I love my dogs and the last thing I wud like to happen is to be killed. I see them hunting in the pasture and know how fast they are.

o

Cyote chased our cat up a tree one morning just as it was getting light out. My husband grabbed his rifle and chased it away. He didn't have to shoot, it just ran. However, he did climb the tree to get the cat. That was 10 years ago. Haven't seen one since. Oh, I do hear what I think are Cyotes in the middle of the night. Sounds like they have killed a rabit and are having a feeding frenzy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here