Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ginger is gone.. :(

Posted by cindyandmocha (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 1:21

well I finally lost my Ginger. 14 yr old English shepherd and for those of you that know me, she was the last of my three - Rusty, Mocha and Ginger.

Dang she is missed so much by me - my pretty-girl-that-even-the-dog-whisperer-could-not-have-gotten-into-her-head-girl. Independent... stubborn... refused to do any tricks....... but smart as all get out... that was my girl.

We got her at 6 months old, (my Mocha picked her out at the shelter). She was the last dog I would have chosen - utterly human shy and non-socialized. But he liked her - so we took her.

At the end she was a total mamma's girl. And I miss her every day. She had an awesome petted life too. So there are no regrets here.

I was looking for a new pup to come into our lives, and I put it off forever knowing she was going down soon (cancer). And a few weeks after she was gone, we found Holly. More to come on her later, but I still miss my Ginger.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ginger is gone.. :(

So sorry for the loss of your precious Ginger.

o

(((HUGS)))

It's never, ever easy, especially during the holiday season. May you find some measure of peace in the days and weeks to come.

o

I'm very sorry for your loss. Ginger was a beautiful dog.

o

Sorry.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl. How gorgeous she was and so lucky that Mocha picked her for you.

She looks so much like my Murray. He's been gone 4 years now and I still can't believe it.

I look forward to learning about and seeing pictures of Holly.

RIP, Ginger, sweet girl.

o

What a sweet, sweet face. I'm so sorry.

o

Cindy, I am sorry at the loss of your Ginger, and looking forward to the time when you can tell us about Holly. I wish you a peaceful Christmas with happy memories and a hopeful outlook.

I am threedogmom at some places on the internet. I will likely never have three dogs again. We are down to two, and Toby is 14 now, so only has a few years at most. When he is gone, I will only ever have one small dog, because I just cannot cope with the responsibilities of having more dogs anymore. You will still be CindyandMocha here. Mocha and Ginger and Rusty are an era for you like Megan and Toby and Casey are for me. Our internet handles follow us around and remind us of earlier parts of our lives.

o

(((((hugs))))) cindy, i'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

o

What a beautiful girl! I am so sorry for your loss of such a sweet baby.

o

They give us such joy and their loss is so difficult. I feel your pain.

o

I am so very sorry for your loss- she was a beautiful girl !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here