Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anastasia_cherubin

Cat avoids owner's bed, pees on other's

Anastasia_Cherubin
13 years ago

I recently got a kitten July of '09 and brought him home from CA to our new house. He had some issues with the bathroom then, like diarrhea on a few things and peed once on my bed. After some medicine the diarrhea stopped and he didn't pee anymore. Further veterinarian visits explain his urination problem behavioral. He still has claws and was neutered at 3 months. The shelter found him and his brother wandering LA without a mother.

Last March he'd begun to use the restroom on basically anything except my things. In a confined space without a bathroom he doesn't seem to be able to hold it for over an hour, but when nervous he can hold it very well.

He's peed on my sibling's beds, (sometimes more than once), on my mother while in bed, on some clothes lying on the floor and a hard couch when we kept him from the bedrooms while on vacation.

This cat is very attached and practically follows me around the house. He'll wait for me to come home and in general he's very sweet and calm to everyone and loves laps.

I don't know why he's been peeing, but we do have down comforters and he will never pee on mine, but he will on my family's. I have a theory that he prefers my smell or his on certain things, but truthfully I don't know why. I would really love to keep this cat since we're very close. He knows how to use the litter box and where it is, we even tried retraining him.

Comments (2)