Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19777916

what is a corgi/chihuahua called?

User
17 years ago

Hi: I adopted a lovely rescue dog several months ago. She is smart, cute, loving and (slightly) overweight and we get along great. (I think she looks overweight because she is older and does not have a flat tummy, but I think she's fine they way she is. My tummy isn't flat anymore either.)

My problem is when people ask me what she is. Her adoption papers say she is a chihuahua mix. From her looks, my family and I are convinced that she is a corgi/chihuahua combination. What is that mix called? Many years ago I had a poodle/yorkie mix. He was a Yorkiepoo. So what is my current dog, TrudyRose? A Coruahua? A Chigi? Help please.

Comments (10)

• laurief_gw
    17 years ago

When I was growing up, mixed breed dogs were affectionately known as mutts or Heinz 57. Just tell folks she's a chi mix, one of a kind and irreplaceable. You can't get any better than that! :-)

Laurie

• Lillie1441
    17 years ago

Just tell them she a Heinz! LOL Most likely (unless they are seniors) they will have no idea what that is and will think she is some exotic breed.LOL I like Laurie's explaination.
    Corchi,Corgiwawa.......Hoochiemamma? LOL...........Lillie

• jenme
    17 years ago

Poor little thing:) Just joking, but that is a strange mix!
    I got to agree with lillie1441 and choose Corchi. Maybe it will be it's own breed someday! Ha!Ha! LOL

• glaserberl
    17 years ago

I googled a bit and according to the link he is a Chigi. They have all the combinations one can imagine and then some.
    Katharina

Here is a link that might be useful: Mixed Breeds

• kim_okla
    17 years ago

I'd probably call her cute. I have one that I have no idea what she is so I call her a tiny Rottweiler.

• measure_twice
    17 years ago

some suggestions:
    Max
    Eddie
    Leo
    Sarah J. Worthington Smythe Farnsworth

• oakleif
    17 years ago

Hi, I've got a pug/chihuahua mix. My DD and i finally decided she had to be chipug. She's really a Cricket. i know your chigi is adorable.
    vickie

• chubby_rat
    17 years ago

Heh! I have Min Pin/Chihuahua's....I know they're actually mutts but I call them my Pinchi pups!

• profitbiz2101_gmail_com
    16 years ago

Chigi

Chihuahua / Corgi Hybrid

The Chigi is not a purebred dog. It is a cross between the Chihuahua and the Corgi. The best way to determine the temperament of a mixed breed is to look up all breeds in the cross and know you can get any combination of any of the characteristics found in either breed. This hybrid cross is recognized by the American Canine Hybrid Club. Not all of these designer hybrid dogs being bred are 50% purebred to 50% purebred. It is very common for breeders to

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the replies. TrudyRose is so smart it is scary. We live in a complex where dogs must be on a leash. She is on a leash when we go for our long walks. I have trained her to walk next to me when we go to get the mail, etc. so that it looks like she is on a leash. When we go in the back yard, she knows she can walk from the back porch to the back fence - about 15 feet distance- and that's ok but she must not go outside that area.

It is very amusing to watch her. If a cat walks by she just looks the other way.

Monica