Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is a corgi/chihuahua called?

Posted by monicatx (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 7, 06 at 23:14

Hi: I adopted a lovely rescue dog several months ago. She is smart, cute, loving and (slightly) overweight and we get along great. (I think she looks overweight because she is older and does not have a flat tummy, but I think she's fine they way she is. My tummy isn't flat anymore either.)

My problem is when people ask me what she is. Her adoption papers say she is a chihuahua mix. From her looks, my family and I are convinced that she is a corgi/chihuahua combination. What is that mix called? Many years ago I had a poodle/yorkie mix. He was a Yorkiepoo. So what is my current dog, TrudyRose? A Coruahua? A Chigi? Help please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is a corgi/chihuahua called?

When I was growing up, mixed breed dogs were affectionately known as mutts or Heinz 57. Just tell folks she's a chi mix, one of a kind and irreplaceable. You can't get any better than that! :-)

Laurie

o

Just tell them she a Heinz! LOL Most likely (unless they are seniors) they will have no idea what that is and will think she is some exotic breed.LOL I like Laurie's explaination.
Corchi,Corgiwawa.......Hoochiemamma? LOL...........Lillie

o

Poor little thing:) Just joking, but that is a strange mix!
I got to agree with lillie1441 and choose Corchi. Maybe it will be it's own breed someday! Ha!Ha! LOL

o

I googled a bit and according to the link he is a Chigi. They have all the combinations one can imagine and then some.
Katharina

Here is a link that might be useful: Mixed Breeds

o

I'd probably call her cute. I have one that I have no idea what she is so I call her a tiny Rottweiler.

o

some suggestions:
Max
Eddie
Leo
Sarah J. Worthington Smythe Farnsworth

o

Hi, I've got a pug/chihuahua mix. My DD and i finally decided she had to be chipug. She's really a Cricket. i know your chigi is adorable.
vickie

o

Heh! I have Min Pin/Chihuahua's....I know they're actually mutts but I call them my Pinchi pups!

o

Chigi

Chihuahua / Corgi Hybrid

The Chigi is not a purebred dog. It is a cross between the Chihuahua and the Corgi. The best way to determine the temperament of a mixed breed is to look up all breeds in the cross and know you can get any combination of any of the characteristics found in either breed. This hybrid cross is recognized by the American Canine Hybrid Club. Not all of these designer hybrid dogs being bred are 50% purebred to 50% purebred. It is very common for breeders to

o

Thanks for the replies. TrudyRose is so smart it is scary. We live in a complex where dogs must be on a leash. She is on a leash when we go for our long walks. I have trained her to walk next to me when we go to get the mail, etc. so that it looks like she is on a leash. When we go in the back yard, she knows she can walk from the back porch to the back fence - about 15 feet distance- and that's ok but she must not go outside that area.

It is very amusing to watch her. If a cat walks by she just looks the other way.

Monica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here