Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

I got him - my Siamese cat!

3katz4me
13 years ago

I got him tonight. I saw him on PetFinder when I was out of town on a business trip last week but they held him until I could get there to check him out. He was at a shelter about 90 miles from where I live so I left work early today to go there. He melted my heart immediately when I picked him up and he started snuggling. That was all she wrote. I think he's probably a Siamese/Tabby mix because he has a bit of that look to his face and a very faint stripe about this tail. He was a very good car rider (important because we take our cats to our weekend lake place). He's in quarantine in our lower level bathroom until he passes inspection with our vet - though he is feline leukemia/aids negative, shots, etc. He is a lover boy which is another important factor. Here are a couple pictures - taken with my phone so not the greatest. Two vanity shots and one snuggle shot.

Comments (30)

• friedajune
    13 years ago

OMG, he is so beautiful. What is his name?

He looks to me like a purebred siamese. Does he have the blue eyes? (I can't tell from the pics)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Gorgeous boy! Hope he passes his vet check with flying colors!

Congrats on the new addition!!!!

• homebodymom
    13 years ago

What a beautiful boy! Congrats on the new addition. He is one lucky cat!!!!!!

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We haven't decided what to call him yet. Any ideas? Yup - he has those beautiful blue eyes. I tried to take a picture of his face but anytime he looked at me he came over by me and I couldn't get a good pic. He really is sweet - can't wait to get him out of quarantine.

• olyagrove
    13 years ago

He is gorgeous! Agreed, looks like purebred seal point.
    Congratulations, I am happy you found your perfect kitty in ta shelter!

• quasifish
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, he is gorgeous! (is it okay to say that about a boy?)

Can't wait to hear what you decide to name him.

Congratulations on finding your new kitty.

• kim_okla
    13 years ago

He's beautiful. Congratulations.

• pamghatten
    13 years ago

Awww ... you're both so lucky. He's so handsome.

Congrats.

• petra_gw
    13 years ago

He is beautiful!! How old is he? Do you know anything about his background?

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

He's estimated to be about two years old. There's no info on him since he was picked up as a stray and brought to the shelter. He hadn't been neutered or declawed or any such things that would lead you to believe he had a home at least for a while but he sure loves people. He seems to be in pretty good shape though he does have a scar on his nose - we're not sure if that's recent and the hair will grow back or if it's permanent. He also has some ear gunk and we need to keep cleaning that out until it clears up. He's good sized though - weighs 9 pounds - so not emaciated or anything. I think he'd been at the shelter for a couple weeks so maybe he beefed up a bit while he was there.

The shelter I got him at was very nice - new in the last year - with little rooms built just for the cats. They all looked happy and comfy but it was still so sad to see how many cats there were - and they said they had two more rooms of cats in back that weren't ready for adoption yet. I just can't comprehend abandoning one of these little guys.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

He is gorgeous. Gorgeous George!! Congratulations!! He looks like a wonderful kitty. I wish you many, many years of great companionship! Keep us posted as to how he is settling in.

• petra_gw
    13 years ago

He sure is a lucky guy to get such a good home.
    Re. ears, the most recent stray we took in had a severe ear mite infestation which caused a bad ear infection. He almost went deaf because of it and it took quite a while to get rid of it. Once the infection cleared up, I found a tissue moistened with a little bit of olive oil worked really well to clean his ears out.

• bbaird
    13 years ago

He's beautiful and he looks so sweet.

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

DH wants to call him Tucker or Murphy - what do you think?

• pamghatten
    13 years ago

I like Tucker.

• oregpsnow
    13 years ago

Yes - Tucker sounds good. Murphy sounds like a dog for some reason.

He is gorgeous and lucky to have found you.

• Lily316
    13 years ago

I like Murphy.I like names ending in Y or IE. My Doxie was named Parker when I got him, and I changed it to Wally. Congrats on your new boy. I hope you have a long happy life with him as I had with my Simon those many years ago. He lived to 20 and was a Sealpoint.

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well he's out and about a little bit tonight and all the cats have now met each other. Our oldest cat (16) is pretty laid back and has been cautiously keeping an eye on him from a distance. Our 11 year old miss priss is a little more worked up about the newcomer. The old cats are secured on their end of the house checking him out through a door that's open a crack. Unfortunately for the new boy he will have to go back to his bathroom overnight. He has really been enjoying tearing around the house. We've been calling him Tucker tonight and I think that's going to stick. DH came up with the idea because when you pick him up or he sits by you he often tucks his head under your arm or anywhere he can snuggle it in. I suppose we could call him Snuggles but that's not very manly.

• juliet3
    13 years ago

Awww, those photos are beautiful. I also like in particular the "snuggle shot". Many cats that are in a new environment are withdrawn, and don't snuggle until they're more settled. But your guy snuggled right away! You have a great cat there.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

I am so happy for you, and for the kitty!

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The integration of the cats is coming along well. He's out of isolation now. Might have kept him separated a bit longer at least when we weren't home but for the fact he started going crazy being confined once he'd been out. He did quite a bit of damage clawing at the trim around our bathroom door so that was no longer an option. Fortunately they are all tolerating each other pretty well - gets noticeably better each day - though it got a little exciting when all three of them ended up on the bed around 2am last night.

• whimzikl
    13 years ago

I suppose by now he already has been named, but with the blue eyes...call him Sinatra! My daughter has a beatuiful flamepoint siamese with that name...suits him perfect!

Congrats on your new addition!

• kimkitchy
    13 years ago

Yea, Gibby! You found him! I came back to this board just to check... and you found him! I'm so happy for him and for your family. He is handsome and Tucker is a terrific name for a snuggler like him. Wishing you many happy days with him! -Kim

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Look - they're really starting to get along! I think Tucker has been feeling kind of bad that neither of the resident cats would snuggle up with him.

• bbaird
    13 years ago

Oh, god...too cute

• olyagrove
    13 years ago

That a photo, one of the cutest snuggling pictures I have seen!
    Too cute! Name fits your new boy perfectly

• petaloid
    13 years ago

The cuddled-up kitties look soooo sweet.
    Thanks for keeping us posted.

• kittens
    13 years ago

That's an adorable photo. Congrats on your new addition!

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My other cat has not been quite so accepting of the newcomer. However they are coming along - after she staged a hunger strike in protest. There's a really big snowstorm here today. I'm so glad he was rescued and isn't out in it. I feel bad for all the homeless animals who are out there today.

• susanjn
    13 years ago

He is one pretty kitty! But really, I'd be offended too if someone laid on my tail like that.

It looks like Black Kitty is about to pull that tail out and bop Mr. Tucker with it. Tucker will grab at it, and the games begin.....