Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugfruit

Introducing our new pack member

ladybugfruit
12 years ago

Our new boy Sam, came home tonight!! He is a rescue dog that has never been in a house before Sunday ( our meet n greet with Tasha) night. Absolutely sweet as can be. Sweet lil boy is crashed out in his new crate from a very exciting day. Hubby and I are so happy to be getting the chance to show our boy what a dog's life in our house is!

He hasn't wanted to come out of his crate much, but I am so glad we have it, as because it's familiar and

comfortable. We can't wait to see his personality blossom. I could keep rambling, but I wanted to show off our new boy.

Comments (18)

• Rudebekia
    12 years ago

Oh, how lovely! Please keep us posted on his progress. What is his history, since he's never been in a house before? How old is he? And what's his breed--or mix?

• Ninapearl
    12 years ago

oh what a precious boy!! you will have SO much fun watching him blossom in your care. and how very nice he finds the crate to be a secure place. so many times, rescue dogs hate crates because it's all they have known.

looking forward to hearing about his progress. he looks like a real sweetie!

• ladybugfruit
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you!!! After his first night, he is already starting to come out of his shell. He didn't eat much last night but was very eager to eat this morning. LOL, so much he raided the trash shortly after getting out of his kennel. I think he will be a fast learner..a few "leave it's" and he seems to get the picture. He gobbled up his chicken this morning managed to find the treat bag I had left outside on the bar ( oh boy, a counter surfer..have to nip that). He has relocated my outside shoes and likes to climb on the hearth. He spent some good time investigating his new yard this moring too. We will be getting a good brushing and going on a walk to the park in a bit.
    As far as his history, we learned that he was found wandering a country road and has lived at the rescue kennels for the last year and a half. He is approximately 3-4 years old. We think he is a cattle dog/collie type mix. It's going to be an adjustment having a longer haired dog. LOL, me and the furminator are going to be close friends. Tasha is still pretty much ignoring him, but I see that as a good sign. She has been a great ambassador so far though, letting him get to know the lay of the land. More soon!!

• homebodymom
    12 years ago

what a lucky boy!

• petaloid
    12 years ago

How cute he is! Thanks for giving him a "forever home!"

• jomuir
    12 years ago

What a happy face! He's going to be a great dog, I'm sure. Rescue dogs that have been loose on their own are so cool to see relax and live in a happy home.

Sometimes our dog Forrest, who was set loose in northern Mich., lays down and heaves a big happy sigh. It's like he's relieved to be secure. Add my thanks to you Petaloid's, for giving him a forever home!

• debbiep_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks for giving him a home.I'm sure he will be a joy to have!

• Elly_NJ
    12 years ago

What a sweet boy! He is very happy. and lucky!

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

How adorable ... looks like a real cutie ... I'm a sucker for long-haired mutts myself!

Keep us updated on your progress, and more pictures please!

You all are very lucky!

• caligal
    12 years ago

Sam is super cute! Thanks for giving him a real home!

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

Oh gosh!!! He is beautiful and he looks like he appreciates the kindness that fate has shown him!!! How are things going? How's Tasha getting on with him?

• ladybugfruit
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Isn't he just totally smushable??!! Ok, well still too skinny to smush alot, but we are working on that. While Tasha and Sam are not playing yet, they are starting to feel more comfortable around each other..well, Tasha is coming around. We knew from the beginning that she liked him because she tolerated him. She has been through so much with her loss and readjusting, he is being such a little gentleman giving her space. He is really starting to come out of his shell and I just fall more in love.
    I am blogging about our boy and our new beginnings with him. Love for you to stop by and see how he's doing! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Forget me Nots blog

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

Love your blog ... looks like he and Tasha will be great friends!

• fl_gypsy
    12 years ago

He is so cute and I love that smile on his face. You'll never regret rescuing him. Dogs are usually loyal and loving but a rescued dog is special. They realize what you have done for them and love you even more for it. Good luck and keep us posted regarding your journey with Sam.

• cindyandmocha
    12 years ago

Congrats! Love that face and grin :)

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

He is absolutely beautiful. I love his freckles! Congratulations on your new family member!

• caligal
    12 years ago

how is Sam doing?

• kim_okla
    12 years ago

Congratulations ladybug. It is rewarding to see them blossom.