Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my girl

Posted by elly_nj (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 1, 11 at 21:10

I adopted a dog from the shelter 6 months ago. Here she is! Lucy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my girl

i LOVE her, elly!! she has such a kind face and soulful eyes. wishing you many happy and healthy years together!

o

What a sweetie -- good for you!

o

I was going to mention those eyes too, they speak volumes don't they? Thanks for adopting.

o

She's beautiful and looks perfectly at home!

Is she full lab? ANy idea how old she might be?

o

She is a full lab, surrendered by a "breeder" who surrendered 15 other dogs. She is 5 1/2 and was used as a breeder for the first 5 years of her life.

She was a bit shut down when I got her. I think she had few experiences in those years outside of the whelping pen. Playing was new to her; she was tentative of strangers; never had been in water.

She was not ruined, luckily. She is a "real" lab, so all that lab potential is now coming forward.

She learns easily and fast. She is a sweet, gentle soul. I am very lucky I found her at the shelter. Lucky her early life didn't ruin her.

o

She looks like a real sweetie! Very cute cuddling in the blankets, too.
One of our rescues we have reason to believe was from a puppy mill situation, and he still doesn't really get how to play with toys, sometimes he's scared of them. But he loves to run and chase a ball, and will occasionally play tug w/a stuffie.

Isn't it great when you get to see them go from timid to relaxed and happy?

o

You are both lucky to have found each other!

I love these stories!!!!

o

jomuir, yes, I know exactly what you mean. This is Lucy playing the first week I got her.

o
whoops

Can't seem to post it. : (

o

Here's how to post a pix. Will that help?
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hosta/msg0513322013993.html?14

Here is a link that might be useful: how to post images

o

Photobucket
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here