Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dog makes weird noises asleep

Posted by novita (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 8, 09 at 20:47

Does anyone else's dog make strange noises while asleep? Our lab sometimes emits a long, scary noise somewhere between a howl and a moan in the middle of the night. It's quite spooky! I'm quite sure he is asleep although I don't see him doing it. What IS that??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dog makes weird noises asleep

My dog makes little noises in her sleep. I believe she is dreaming. She lets out these little cute yapping sounds. I wish I could see what she was thinking. She sounds like shes chasing something exciting.

o

I used to have a Great Dane that made that howl/moan sound sometimes when asleep. It sounded so human, like: "OHHHHHHHHHHHH"

o

Not only do they make noises, they chase rabbits, and dream big time!!!

o

We have a hound mix who does howl in his sleep. It is a weird sound, like a muffled howl.

o

One of my bassetts howl in her sleep.Its a very loud,long drawn out howl.I always wanted my hounds to howl and finally one of them does.The other bassett she just whines alot.

o

They dream. Mine gets nightmares sometimes and I reach down to his bed and pet him. Once in a while he wags his tail vigorously in his sleep - so funny.

o

Gina, that's hilarious! My dog doesn't wag his tail, but he does the twitching, whimpering dream thing.
I'm glad other dogs howl and moan in their sleep, it must be normal. thanks!

o

Purchased a 7 month old female chow chow and put the crate in our bedroom for 2 nights only. Her snoring was like a 90 yr old man with bad adenoids. Now the crate is in another bedroom and I can hear her snoring from the other end of the house.Quite comical. Besides she is gorgeous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here