Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally fostering!

Posted by cheryl_p (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 20:17

Well, after a long, long time of hesitation, I will be picking up my first (and I hope not last) foster dog tomorrow. Wish me luck please! I have worked with a local rescue for awhile and saw Charlie several times. I really don't know why he has not been adopted yet as he is a sweet black & white 2 year old neutered male. And while he IS a Rat Terrier (does the breed name scare folks off?), he doesn't seem to have the oft times irritating terrier habits like barking and chasing- at least at adoption events and at the rescue farm. I hope he doesn't change when he comes to stay with me since I have two great cats, one of which is very friendly and easy going, the other oh-so-smart but a little "hissy" at times. He has riden in the car well to adoption events and crates well. My husband walks daily and he will be great company for that. The best thing though is that the rescue farm is currently very crowded and now he will have a warm place here as well as possibly freeing up a kennel for another rescue one day- yea!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally fostering!

I love ratties! They are very loyal and intelligent dogs. Some have cat issues as they see cats as prey. You'll find out soon enough. They are a terrier with all the terrier drive to ground so leash them when out or fence them to protect them from themselves should a rabbit or chipmunk cross their paths.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here