Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momof2doxies_gw

Lucy Had Her Surgery Today

momof2doxies
14 years ago

Lucy had her cystoscopy with the collagen injections done today for her incontinence. She is doing really well this evening. They have her on heavy duty pain med.'s for the next several days so she will be able to potty without feeling the pain.

Her incontinence had gone from just dribbling to complete voiding in the past couple of months. We had tried Proin earlier this past summer without any results, so they tried the DES. It helped for a short while when she was just dribbling, but once the complete voiding incontinence started it just wasn't effective at all. We know that this is just a temporary fix as the collagen will only last 12-24 months, but we are hoping it is worth it. Hopefully they will be able to come up with something that works for longer in the future.

We are just keeping our fingers crossed that the stronger pain med's can keep her comfortable enough to potty without problems this time. I feel so bad for her considering she doesn't turn two until the 21st of this month.

Lucy has her spay done on Friday. She also has to have biopsies done of her salivary glands and teeth cleaning. Her dentist is concerned that her glands have not returned to normal now that she is done teething. Lately, I feel like I am seeing more of the folks at the Vet's office and Vet School than any family or friends.

These three young gals need to all get healthy so they can enjoy their young lives.

Linda

Comments (7)