Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucy Had Her Surgery Today

Posted by momof2doxies (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 20:15

Lucy had her cystoscopy with the collagen injections done today for her incontinence. She is doing really well this evening. They have her on heavy duty pain med.'s for the next several days so she will be able to potty without feeling the pain.

Her incontinence had gone from just dribbling to complete voiding in the past couple of months. We had tried Proin earlier this past summer without any results, so they tried the DES. It helped for a short while when she was just dribbling, but once the complete voiding incontinence started it just wasn't effective at all. We know that this is just a temporary fix as the collagen will only last 12-24 months, but we are hoping it is worth it. Hopefully they will be able to come up with something that works for longer in the future.

We are just keeping our fingers crossed that the stronger pain med's can keep her comfortable enough to potty without problems this time. I feel so bad for her considering she doesn't turn two until the 21st of this month.

Lucy has her spay done on Friday. She also has to have biopsies done of her salivary glands and teeth cleaning. Her dentist is concerned that her glands have not returned to normal now that she is done teething. Lately, I feel like I am seeing more of the folks at the Vet's office and Vet School than any family or friends.

These three young gals need to all get healthy so they can enjoy their young lives.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucy Had Her Surgery Today

Thanks for letting us know what is happening with Lucy. I hold the good thought that she continues to improve.

o

Thanks Petaloid for the good thoughts. Lucy has been through a lot for being so young. She is snoring away right now.

I made a typo when I posted and it is Lily that will have her spay etc. on Friday.

o

((HUGS and PRAYERS)) to your Dog and People Family.I cant imagine what you have been thru.

Shelley

o

I am sending positive thoughts your way for the Girls.

o

I am happy to report that Lucy and Lily are both doing great. Lucy may have to have a little more work done this week, but it shouldn't be anything major.

Lily is amazing us. The day after her spay and biopsies, she acted like nothing had ever taken place. We won't get the pathology report back for a couple more days, so we are still keeping our fingers crossed.

Thanks for the positive thoughts.
Linda

o

I have to say I just love Lucy and Ethel's names. And just want to send best wishes to Lucy and Lily.

Too bad you can't do a correction on your name. You need to get the 2 replaced with a 3. (Big smile)

Take care.

o

Thanks for the update - I hope everyone does well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here