Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kez1627

Frontline

kez1627
9 years ago

Hi,

I noticed my 2 year old border terrier Archie had fleas so took him to the vet, they gave me Fronline spot on to apply and within 2 hours of application he become very lethargic over the next 24hrs he did not eat or want to go for a walk(the day before we walked about 3 mile). I also noticed some open like sores on his skin so took him back to the vet.
After examination they said he had some kind of infection(nothing to do with Frontline) and gave him antibiotics, The next day he was vomiting and was just laid over his water bowl not moving so I rushed hin straight back to the vet, at this stage he was so ill they kept him in the emergency dept and said they would carry out some blood tests and would keep us informed.
That night at 22.00 I got a phone call to say Archie was critical and he may not survive the night so the next morning when there was no call thought things were looking up, when I spoke to them they said he was comfortable but was waiting on the results of the blood tests.
4 hours later the results came back from the lab and they said he had Acute Leukemia And there was no cure. I was heartbroken that he had to be put down that night.Archie was a healthy dog until this treatment is it just a coincidence.

Comments (6)