Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnydj_gw

Happy ending for a Leukemic cat....

SunnyDJ
10 years ago

I'm so happy I had to share this story....We've been taking care of stray cats for years and of course this has lead to us bringing inside a few and of course having some adopted..A week or so ago, a gorgeous grey male tabby decided he liked our back porch and made himself quite comfortable....He wasn't feral and had to have been someone's pet at one time because he loved attention and belly rubs....Being still intact, I felt he had to get to the vet ASAP so yesterday was the day...Would you believe, he actually liked the carrier and the ride in the car...He had been limping and that needed to be checked along with all the shots etc. Well, 1st they drew some blood and then the vet was checking him out and then we got the news..."Buddy" tested positive!....At that point, I lost it, knowing I couldn't take him back home and he'd have to be put down....We said our goodbyes and they were about to take him back when 1 of the assistants came in and said, she had talked to a lady who takes these cats and if it was OK with us, she'd take him, have him neutered and give him a good home with the rest of her furbabies....Can you imagine how we felt? I sat there and cried just knowing he would be given the care and love this furbaby so deserved......This person is truly an angel who has a very big heart......Just had to share my happy ending story........

Comments (5)