Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FreshPet Select Cat Food

Posted by sephia (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 16:05

Anyone heard of this cat food? They have a line of dog food too. I can't find reviews of it except by people who feed it to their pets. I gave my cats some of the Ocean Whitefish & Salmon recipe in sauce and they loved it. You find this food in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. It alleges to be "fresh, nutritious foods."

Here is what the website lists as the ingredients:

Ingredients:

Fish broth, ocean whitefish, salmon, chicken, natural flavors, carrots, guar gum, Carrageenan

Vitamins:
Beta Carotene, Choline Chloride, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

Minerals:
Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein (min) 7.0%
Crude fat (min) 2.0%
Crude fiber (max) 1.0
Moisture (max) 85.0%
Taurine (min) 0.03%

Anyone know anything about this food?

Meghane, your thoughts?

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: FreshPet Select

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FreshPet Select Cat Food

The ingredients are fine and protein (adjusted for dry matter) is 46% (30% is goal). This is much better food than what you will usually find in a supermarket.

o

I agree looks like a great food. Do they have a chicken flavor? My cat eats Wellness Core chicken but won't touch fish flavor foods.

o

Meghane, yes, they do have a chicken flavor but it's combined with shrimp.

Here is a link that might be useful: FreshPet Select - chicken flavor

o

I have a cat in renal failure, and another with diabetes. Is this food good for one, both?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here