Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
care to help save horses from slaughter?

Posted by fallingwaters (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 15:28

i just found out about the immense number of horses going to canada and mexico to be slaughtered for the european market.
i mean, i knew it happened, but had no idea so many family pets and school horses were making this trip weekly.
i don't mind that people eat them, my objection is to the horrific transport situation and the inhumane method used to kill them. but this isn't meant to be a discussion about stopping slaughter, more of a way to spread the word about the many lovely animlas who could be saved from this fate.
yesterday i learned a lot and as a result spent about ten hours working on fund raising to save just one pony.
if anyone here wants to help, or knows of someone who wants to, they can contact a rescue to donate a few dollars. it all adds up, of course, and would be greatly appreciated.
i can help with names of rescues on the east coast, they are everywhere and desperate for help. even a bale of hay, which costs maybe five dollars, would help.
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: care to help save horses from slaughter?

In this economy people are having to sell, or give up their horses in record numbers, It is a sad sad situation, but many dogs, cats and other once beloved pets are going through abandonment issues. One realtor in our area donates $100. from the closing costs of each home to donate to local animal shelters.
It is an outrage that people are so willling to see theri pets as desposable, but it is happening everywhere. If they are not outright abandoned at their home,s they are dropped off at a local park or someones doorstep. Feral cats are now in record numbers - dessimating local ground bird populations.....I could go on

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here