Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindyandmocha

when it rains it pours.. lost another

cindyandmocha
12 years ago

When it rains it pours right? Right on the heels of Mocha, we just lost Rusty today as well. He went while napping in the bedroom this afternoon. I was glad he went in his sleep rather than having to take him in. We knew it would be soon, since he was old. We got him when he was 3 years old and Mocha was only a year old. He had heart-worm when we adopted him, and literally had buckshot everywhere embedded in his skin. However, lots of love and care gave us a wonderful dog. While Rusty may not have been my brightest, he was definitely the most loving and loyal dog I've ever met. And he absolutely adored my husband, if not downright worshiped. He was close to 14 or 15 this year. At 100 lbs, that's a ripe old age.

It is getting quieter and quieter around here lately. But Ginger is left, and she's pretty spry and active. I noticed this evening though she kept traveling from room to room. She just adored Rusty. We've considered we may need to get another male to have around to keep her company. But that's a thought for another day.

Comments (15)