Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindyandmocha

when it rains it pours.. lost another

cindyandmocha
12 years ago

When it rains it pours right? Right on the heels of Mocha, we just lost Rusty today as well. He went while napping in the bedroom this afternoon. I was glad he went in his sleep rather than having to take him in. We knew it would be soon, since he was old. We got him when he was 3 years old and Mocha was only a year old. He had heart-worm when we adopted him, and literally had buckshot everywhere embedded in his skin. However, lots of love and care gave us a wonderful dog. While Rusty may not have been my brightest, he was definitely the most loving and loyal dog I've ever met. And he absolutely adored my husband, if not downright worshiped. He was close to 14 or 15 this year. At 100 lbs, that's a ripe old age.

It is getting quieter and quieter around here lately. But Ginger is left, and she's pretty spry and active. I noticed this evening though she kept traveling from room to room. She just adored Rusty. We've considered we may need to get another male to have around to keep her company. But that's a thought for another day.

Comments (15)

• calliope
    12 years ago

Oh what a beautiful boy. You've had a load laid on you and I'm sorry. Of course he adored you and your husband.....He was appreciative of the life and love you shared with him. Some humans could learn a lot from dogs, couldn't they?

• homebodymom
    12 years ago

Oh I am so sorry. What a difficult time for you and your family. I remember Rusty's story. Have peace knowing that now they are together.
    (((hugs)))

• ladybugfruit
    12 years ago

Oh Cindy!! I am so sorry for you loss...I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lose Rusty so close to Mocha. What a beautiful boy. You and your husband gave him such a wonderful life. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers...
    (((((((hugs)))))

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Will be thinking of you. How loyal he looks.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

More (((HUGS))). He was a beautiful boy.

I am sorry for your loss, esp right on the heels of losing Mocha, as you said.

I wish you and your husband, and of course, Ginger, peace in the days and weeks to come.

• jomuir
    12 years ago

what a beautiful dog he was. So sorry to hear of your loss. He had many good years with you.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

So, so sorry about Rusty. Thanks for giving him a good life.

• Ninapearl
    12 years ago

oh, cindy, i am so very sorry to see this! bless your heart, you have been through so much in such a short time.

big (((((HUGS))))) to you.

• cal_dreamer
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's a beautiful picture of Rusty!

• debbiep_gw
    12 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

I am so sorry, what a handsome boy. I'm glad he left you on his terms but am so sorry that he did so.

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

Oh Cindy ... I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy, but this is too soon. Big hugs to all of you and Ginger too.

• fl_gypsy
    12 years ago

Cindy I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy he was. I know how much it hurts to lose one's furbaby. No other dog can ever take their place because they have laid claim to a piece of your heart that will always belong to only them. If you are like me tho, you will always find room in your heart for one more to claim a place as their own. There are so many out there who need loving homes just as Rusty did. Your heart will tell you when it's time to rescue/adopt another. It hurts so badly to lose them but the joy and love they bring while they are with us can never be equaled. My prayers are with you and Ginger.

• kim_okla
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry Cindy.

• caligal
    12 years ago

So sorry for the loss of your wonderful family member.