Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
death of dog

Posted by hobbitmom (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 22:06

Thank you so much for your responses. They have been so helpful. It is so nice to know that I am not alone, and that others can relate to the pain of the loss. I am completely positive that I have never in my entire life of 50+ years been so devoted to another thing. Human relatives don't even come close. Am I weird? Is this bad? I have been making a concerted effort to get out and do fun things, things that were always difficult, as we always had to pay someone to come to our home and let Max out and so forth. He was the best doggy in the whole wide world.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: death of dog

no, it isn't weird and no, it isn't bad. i have grieved the loss of my dogs more so than any human loss except for my parents and my husband. i'm glad you are moving forward but if you need to cry and blubber, go ahead and do it. others may not understand but that doesn't matter.

also, there is a grieving forum here at gardenweb. there is a thread there started by a lovely woman who lost her dog. you will find much comfort there and kate still keeps up with responses.

i do hope your happy memories will soon be at the forefront of your life. (((hugs)))

o
RE: death of dog

No you are not weird, dog's love us unconditionally, I wish I could say the same of the human race. Most of the time I prefer the company of my dog & cat to people, they dont judge me. Make baby sets on getting out, take all the time you need to grieve, maybe someday down the road Max will send a new fur baby into your life, he knows what a great Mom you are and there is always another dog that needs a forever home. I wish you peace
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here