Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best orthopedic pet bed?

Posted by ms_minnamouse (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 11 at 21:38

Any recommendations for orthopedic pet beds? I'm looking for the most comfortable, cushy dog bed in the world.

I was looking at this one but I wonder if it's as cushy as it looks in the pics http://dogpedicsite.com/ll-bean-orthopedic-dog-bed.html

I'm NOT looking for a bed that compresses to like towel thickness.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best orthopedic pet bed?

Was this recommended by your vet? Ask them what they recommend.

o

I don't understand how my vet ties into this.

o

It sounds like your dog may have some health issues if you are looking for a special bed. If that is the case it is likely you have taken the dog to the vet. A good vet is a great resource for info on all kinds of products - they deal with these issues all the time and they know what works.

My cat has no health issues but will only sleep on my Sleep Number bed. At least it saves money on cat beds.

Good luck with your dog.

o

Oh, no. She doesn't have any issues. I just want the best of the best for her. I don't think my vets give product recommendations unless they're medical products, like supplements, etc.

o

Orvis or Foster and Smith have good ortho beds. But I picked some up at Sam's Club 5 years ago and they are still going strong.

o

My beloved much-missed old girl loved the egg-crate foam cushion with washable cover that I got her when she started to get a little creaky and arthritic. She would just sink into it, sigh, bury her face, and snooze for hours. Nothing fancy or expensive, I think I picked it up at a local pet store.

My 2 current dogs use a couple of extra-thick foam cushions that I salvaged from a defunct couch.

Of course, nothing beats sleeping on the bed, especially in fall/winter when it's covered in comforters and cushy throws - there's always a full house then - 2 dogs, 2 cats, and oh yeah, the human clinging to the narrow strip left along the edge of the mattress :o)

o

I totally agree but I need one for like the only room in the house without a couch or bed, the kitchen.

o

Dog Bed
http://www.theoriginaluk.com
Theoriginaluk.com offers wide range of raised dog beds, dog bed, cheap dog beds, dog bed for sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dog Bed

o

You might be able to find one from Pet Beds Direct, they have memory foam pet beds which are orthopedic.

http://www.petbedsdirect.co.uk/

Here is a link that might be useful: Pet Beds

o

Thanks. We found a great one on Amazon. We actually got two.

o

Can't resist. Saw these in a dog magazine that came today. They ARE beautiful... I designed one in the large size and 4 would be 4.5K. Fortunately my dogs are completely comfy on their boring ortho beds from here&there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bison Leather Ortho beds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here