Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growth On My Dog's Paw

Posted by LoveMySmooches (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 21:24

So, I have recently noticed an area on my dog's paw that is red & pussy-looking. It isn't between any of her toes, but rather on the outside of her back left foot. It is tender to the touch (she kicks my hand away when I lightly rub over it), and it feels hard to my finger. Before anyone goes crazy on me, I AM TAKING MY DOG TO THE VET THIS WEEK to have it looked at. I just want to know if this sounds like anything cancerous. It doesn't look like a corn, and it doesn't look like anything else I've seen pictures of online. If you respond to this & would like to see a picture, I can personally e-mail it to you. I want to post a picture on here, but I don't know how if there's a way. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growth On My Dog's Paw

Until you can get her into the vet, soak it twice a day for 10 minutes in betadine solution. This will at least keep it clean. Cover with Vet wrap or a sock for her walks. Corns aren't common (unless you have my breed), and would be on the pawpads and don't bleed. Sounds like she may have an injury.

o
RE: Growth On My Dog's Paw

If it's a pus-y lump then it's likely to be an abscess where she has cut her foot or something like a sharp grass seed has gone in and caused an infection. Get to the vet asap because if it's small enough it might be ok with lancing and antibiotics but once it grows larger it will need surgery to clean it out and put a drain in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here