Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

so, I bought a Litter Maid...

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

I have had a traditional covered litter box with a carbon filter in the top for the almost 4 years I've had my cat (who is about 4 years old now). I don't have time or energy to scoop several times a day and sometimes the smell would be pretty bad in my one bedroom apartment. I finally got fed up and bought the base model Litter Maid for about 90 dollars about a week ago. I was hesitant, because I've read some pretty terrible reviews... but I LOVE this thing!

My cat, Jasper started using it without a problem immediately (which is a surprise because I put the old one in the closet immediately just to see if he'd use the new one). It is has been working WONDERFULLY and has dramatically improved the quality of my life. No more scooping and no more smell. Jasper seems to like it as well, and seems fascinated by its raking action. Of course I will not be buying replacement receptacles due to the expense... I will just dump them or line them with a bag. The newer model that I have is a lot quieter than some older models I've seen and read bad reviews of. The only minor problem is that twice, the rake got a clump stuck to it and didn't allow it to fall into the waste receptacle. However, it did fall in the next time it did a cleaning cycle (I think it just had to dry a little more). I'll take that over constant scooping and stinking any day.

Before I bought it, I thought it would be a waste of money, but I'm here to tell you, if you're considering one, my all means go for it! They come with a 90 day money back guarantee anyway, so there's nothing to lose. I can't even describe how much better this has made life for Jasper and me. I kept the box so I could return it in case it didn't work right or Jasper wouldn't use it... but I'm throwing the box away this thing is staying! If it dies, I will replace it immediately with another!

Comments (6)