Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rswojo

Fletch has Feline Distemper

rswojo
11 years ago

In the earlier post about Millie's cough I had mentioned my concern about Fletch. Yesterday I took him to my vet and he was hospitalized. His condition had been slowly deteriorating since his checkup. He has been diagnosed with distemper.

The good news is he has only a low WBCC, from what I have read FD wipes out the WBC's. I visited him today and he is improving. Rather than laying with his front paws under his body he had them out and was kneading me with the right one and was trying with the left one even though it had an IV sock on it. He still has a weak purr but his fever is down a little.

Being concerned about him, I was reading about cat diseases but never thought to look at distemper because he had his vaccination. If I would have thought to check out distemper he would have been taken to my vet a day earlier. He had all the symptoms.

He still will not eat so he is being fed with a syringe and is on antibiotics and an IV drip for fluids. Millie goes in tomorrow for her distemper booster.

When Fletch starts eating on his own he can come home and start enforcing some discipline on that little pest Millie when she gets out of line.

Today was a great day!

Comments (4)