Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Burrs sticking on dog hair

Posted by roberta_z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 1, 06 at 17:42

We have a farm and in the fall there is some weed in the woods that has these impossible little burrs that stick to any woven fabric. They also make a complete mess of my son's Bishon Frese. (His fur is different than my dog's -- she doesn't have the same problem.)

These burrs get so stuck in this little dog's coat that they are almost impossible to remove without hurting the dog. It sure has taken the fun out of my son/family bringing their dog out to the farm. Any ideas? The last time they were here, it took them hours to get the burrs out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Burrs sticking on dog hair

Yes, give your dog a bath BEFORE going out to the farm, condition the dog but DO NOT RINSE the conditioner out. Your dogs fur will be a bit greay looking and you will want to put a towel one the car seat, but by leaving the condition in, the burs will come out 10 times easier then if the conditioner was not in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here