Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

Finders keepers? Wild life pets??

ms_minnamouse
12 years ago

I don't get it. Just because some one finds a turtle or garter snake or whatever, why do they make the decision to keep it as their new pet? Whether it's against the law or not.

I guess I could understand it if there weren't pet stores on every corner and classifieds ads and breeders and rescues galore but since that's not the case, why does some one feel that they should keep a wild animal as a pet?

Aren't there enough domesticated pets being euthanized for lack of homes? We also need to take animals out of the wild to be our pets? And what about all the troubles that wild life are facing, do they also really need to be help captive when they were enjoying their freedom?

Saying that domesticated animals started from wild animals isn't valid because the past is the past. Same with captive bred parrots and reptiles. I'm not advocating any black market pet trades but like I said, they're already in captivity and the past is the past. I'm talking about people actively still taking wild life out of the wild for the purpose of keeping as a pet.

Comments (2)