Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
McDuff

Posted by trisha57_ny (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 25, 09 at 17:05

I posted here when we first got him -- 7 years ago in January. He was six weeks old. I left my hometown and came to a place which was a huge, huge adjustment for me. I thought "a puppy".

I was blessed to get McDuff. He introduced me to new people, he laid beside me when I felt lonely, he was like my "little" savior. He grew to a big, beautiful 180lbs. and he was another person in our lives. He brought us laughter, humility, and absolutely showed us what life is all about. All this from a dog -- who knew.

He left us yesterday. I will never, ever, forget McDuff. He was my shining, shining beautiful light. I still can't believe he's gone, but I know he wouldn't want me to be so sad.
Before you go to bed tonight, please say a prayer for him..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: McDuff

All dogs go to heaven :-) I lost my baby over a year ago october 20, and I still cry over her. I feel your pain.

o

Oh Trisha. I'm so sorry, I know your heart is aching.
(((Trisha and family)))

o

(((HUGS)))

o

It is sad to hear he is gone, Trisha. Thanks for sharing him with us. I got to hug a big puppy of a St. Bernard at Pet Smart recently, and it was such a wonderful experience. I know you will miss the big guy, I am thinking of him and your family tonight.

o

When I saw the title of this post I knew what it meant. I'm so sorry he's gone.
What a partnership you had with each other, but it's not over; he will continue to live in your heart forever.

How wonderful that McDuff had someone who loved him as much as you did. He knew you loved him and he loved you back.

The tears will flow, but in time the memories you have of your wonderful life together will ease the pain.

(((McDuff))

Mona

o

I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

o

I'm so sorry. Yes I remember McDuff.

o

My sympathies to you and your family. You and McDuff were lucky to have each other. ((HUGS))

o

I am so sorry to hear about this.RIP McDuff.(((HUGS and PRAYERS TO YOU)))

Shelley and Drake

o

I'm so sorry.

He really was a gift.

o

I knew what would be in this post too, didn't want to open it, but I had to tell you that you are in my prayers as well as your McBaby.

o

I didn't want to open this post either, I am so sorry!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here