Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momof2doxies_gw

Swollen salivary glands, excessive tarter,incontinence& coccidia

momof2doxies
14 years ago

And it's only Wednesday.

Lily's salivary glands are extremely swollen in her neck. We thought once her teeth came in they would return to normal, but they haven't. She looks like she has ping pong balls on each side of her neck. Plus she has excessive calculus on her teeth that have only been in for less than 2 months. I do brush them every day. We repeated all her labs yesterday and they are all still normal. Aspirated salivary glands on both sides and sent it into the lab. Waiting on those results.

Then the university Vet called about Lucy. Her incontinence is getting worse even being on the DES, so the Vet wants to try collagen injections while doing another cystoscopy. I feel so bad for her because she does terrible after the cystoscopes. She had two different types done this past summer.

To top everything else off, our regular Vet called last evening and told us the great news that Ethel has coccidia. She had been in to see the Vet for her wellness checkup and of course I took in a stool sample. Unfortunately, Ethel is a stool eater. There have been two times that she has gotten to Lily's stool before I have. Lily had coccidia when we first brought her home, but after two rounds of the med's. all three of the girls samples came back negative. We are thinking that Lily probably had a false negative the last time she was checked. Needless to say, all three of the girls are on med's. for that.

I haven't been around much lately due to DH having had surgery also.

So if you are still reading this mess, does anyone have any advice on the swollen salivary glands or the collagen for the incontinence?

I am done whining now.

Linda

Comments (7)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals