Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykarissa

My cat keeps peeing on my pillows :S

amykarissa
12 years ago

i have 5 cats living in the same house together. 3 Females and 2 males. They all get along fine.

Every so often one of the males pees on my pillow...usually when im in the room. We used to have a major peeing problem with him until we got him fixed and then for the most part it stopped aside from the occasional pillow pee.

Last night he did it and then again today.

Does anyone know what could be causing this. The litter boxes are fine.

We recently started layng hardwood in our condo and we are going room by room but the first room has been finished for about a week and a half and we have yet to start any of the other rooms. I thought maybe that was stressing him out but why wait untill after we are done? :s

Help please!! hes ruining my bed :(

Comments (8)

• Elly_NJ
    12 years ago

Inapproprite elimination is the first and major sign of bladder infections, which should be addressed by a vet and antibiotics.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Previous posters have valid points.

It is also quite possible that he is upset because of the recemt remodeling, even though it is finished.

• stonehard
    12 years ago

it could be a dominance thing he's doing. Or he could be ticked off at something

• judithn
    12 years ago

My cat was peeing on my bed too. Luckily it was made and didn't saturate the mattress. we just washed the covers. I took her to the vet, like everyone says you should, to make sure she was healthy and it wasn't a bladder problem. It was not, the vet said behavioral. So, What I did was confine her to a guest room that had no furniture in it. This guest room is very nice and sunny. I put her litter box and her food in there. I also made sure she had many toys and a cozy bed. Little by little, I let her come out of the room but she was always supervised. Also, I kept ALL the bedroom doors closed (because she had also pee'd on my son's bed). Anyway, eventually I felt she could come out and spend time in other parts of the house but always supervised (at first). She has been very good (keeping fingers crossed) and has not had anymore accidents. Also, I tried that cat calming spray called Feliway. I didn't like the odor of it and it seemed to make her awfully mellow so I discontinued using it. I also made sure she had a clean litter box. So far so good. I personally think that this is a very insecure cat, she was a stray, and she was marking our beds because she was insecure. She is feeling more comfortable now but I'm still keeping the bedroom doors shut because I don't want anymore accidents. Good luck! I think that it's a trial and error situation, you have to work and find out what works with your cat. Oh, also, I still use the guest room for her "bedroom" at night. I just feel better knowing that she's in "her: room and she seems to really like it in there anyway. During the day she has the run of the house but she likes her corner in the guest room and I find her in there sleeping.

• T Bette T Johnston
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I am a veterinarian and the real reason they r doing this is because as crazy as this sounds it is because the cat loves u so much and something made him or her nervous and u r his security blanket` bottom line,its a compliment,factcheck it,but b sure to clean with natures miracle or a enzyme` it usually happens to me about every 3 months when my cat sees another cat through window and he pisses on my fav pillow or chair~by the way all these answers r true to a point but this is the true answer` not bragging I have just been to school 10 years for specialized focus of study in felines extra 2yrs` blessings 2 all of you

• Debbie Downer
    7 years ago

Judith - about Feliway - - the spray has an alcohol base and that is what you're smelling and is indeed a noxious odor. Frankly I cant imagine a cat liking it either!. IMHO, the plug ins are better - you should not smell them at all or maybe just slightly if you get up close. I would also recommend the original formula over the new "multi cat" formula which has had reports of bad reactions in some cats. Now,unfortunately the plug ins have had problems with overheating and causing a burning scent... Ive heard this can be remedied to some extent by keeping it firmly plugged in and the bottle level (may have to put something underneath to support it). Stil you d think they couldve gotten it right by now.

• kittymoonbeam
    7 years ago

Feliway really helps so it's worth taking time to prop up the scent bottle so it's level.