Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feral kitty progress

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 15:12

I don't think I'll be calling her "feral kitty" much longer, more like "my other cat". I've been gradually working up to this point for weeks. She's been coming in tentatively but just on the threshold to be petted and then yesterday and last night came in a little further, wrapping around my legs wanting some attention. The inside door is always open though so she can see the screen door and know she's not trapped. She's probably realizing it isn't so bad to come out of the rain?

This morning I experimented and put the dry food down - she walked over and ate some! This afternoon, just awhile ago, I tried it again with her canned food; and she ate the whole thing. Maybe I won't have to worry about feeding her outside in the wind and snow this winter after all, that was my goal anyway.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feral kitty progress

Well things are progressing nicely!
I bet on the cool nights she'll be ready to stay in for you.
Great pics too.

o

Sooo great to see! Congrats to BOTH of you :~)

o

I took a better photo of her sitting up against the inside door there on the left, but it won't transfer to my computer with the rest of them for some reason. Shows how comfortable she's getting with coming in.

As far as her staying in over night, I suppose I would have to get a litter box. That's something I haven't had for years. Kitty never had one all the time he was growing up and has only made a mistake in the house three or four times in 12yrs. Hard to believe, but true. I'm thinking it's because he's spent so much time outside/inside. What's the chances Pretty would housebreak herself I wonder?

o

Pretty is HOME! Those pictures say it all. Cats always use the litter boxes. She will self train if you just show her where it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here