Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

introducing...

Ninapearl
12 years ago

nope, not another great dane. this is "joker", my newest and last addition to the goat herd. he is a 5 year old wether that i got from a friend. he kept escaping her horse pasture (split rail fence) and since they live on a busy road, she was afraid he would get hit by a car. so, he is here at marshmallow acres where the worst fate that could befall him is exploding from too many treats!

on the ride home in the back of my van...

{{!gwi}}

"eww, i smell DOG!" LOL

{{!gwi}}

meeting the rest of the gang. the pictures make him look much bigger. he really isn't any taller than the rest of the herd, he is just filled out more since he's older. little winkin' followed him around like a puppy...

{{!gwi}}

didn't take him long to find the food!

he's very sweet and VERY affectionate, loves attention and walks on a leash like a freakin' dog. it's hilarious!

Comments (17)

• ladybugfruit
    12 years ago

He looks and sounds like a real sweetie..thanks for putting a smile on my face today...I needed it. Love the name too.

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

i hope you will feel a bit better as time goes by. i know what you're going through and it's just so hard. (((hugs)))

this guy was born on april 1 so they named him joker. :)

• kim_okla
    12 years ago

He's a doll ninapearl. LOL riding in the car.

• vicki7
    12 years ago

He's a handsome guy! Once, years ago, I saw a car on the road that had a goat riding in the front passenger seat. No one believed me but I swear that's what I saw. Now I can show them a pic of Joker in the car, lol.

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

joker's previous owner warned me that he might be bossy with the rest of the herd but he is turning out to be a perfect gentleman. he quietly goes to one feed pan and unlike the rest of the gang, he is happy to just eat his food rather than traveling from pan to pan to see if somebody else has something better. LOL

the danes are very interested in him which i suspected they would be. he is used to dogs and in fact, at his previous home, one of his best play buddies was a young dane AND a pot belly pig! i think he feels right at home here. :)

• 3katz4me
    12 years ago

That cracked me up - goat in the back seat. This is a dumb question but what do you do with goats or what do goats do? I've never known anyone with goats but I think of them as farm animals vs. pets. He looks more like a dog though than the other goats.

I'm obviously goat ignorant.....

• jomuir
    12 years ago

Very cute!
    DH just left a job where the owner got 3-4 goats this spring. He (owner) was keen to start urban farming. The goats are at an industrial shop in Detroit. Several times DH & others had to chase them on the freeway service drive. It never made sense to me for them to have these goats,and I asked DH to take a few pics on his last day, but need to re-size them before I can post them.

Now I'm left wondering what a sight it would be to see a goat in back of a van!

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

How cute ... love the picure of him riding in your van, seems perfectly at home in the van.

Goats are notorious escape artists ... seems silly to think a split rail fence would ever keep them in.

Glad he's making himself at home at your house.

Are you done now? LOL!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    12 years ago

He's really cool, Nina. Sounds like a perfect match for you and your crew!!! Congratulations!!

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

gibby, my goats are just pets...outside dogs, if you will. since i no longer have horses, the goats (and the pot belly pig) get me out and working. they are quite social, consider me part of their herd, and if i'm having a bad day, all i have to do is go out and sit with them for a few minutes. you can't be sad for long when you have little goats climbing all over you!

YES, pam, stick a fork in me, i am DONE! overcrowding can lead to disease so i am staying with just the 6 of them and the pig. :)

these 2 are fast friends and are never very far from each other...

• 3katz4me
    12 years ago

Nina - thanks for educating me. I think I need to find a local friend with goats so I can learn more....

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

careful, gibby. once you interact with some friendly goats, you will want your own herd!

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

I love the last picture of the 2 friends!

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

Here nina ... this is for you ... so stinking cute!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby goat hopping

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMG that has to be the cutest thing i have EVER seen! he looks like a little stuffed animal! thanks for posting this, pam. the little guy is trying awful hard to get his momma to play with him. :)

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

I knew you'd like that!

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Oh, the cuteness!