Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to stop chewing/eating trash?

Posted by sethramesh (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 14:23

My 2 year old mud picks stuff from ground (things like pine nut etc). often upset stomach./loose motion.Any ideas how to stop this? Also any tips to stop him chewing? (I lost my reading glass recently)

Thanks

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to stop chewing/eating trash?

Teach "leave it" command, you can probably google it. It works, usually. It doesn't work on a dead squirrel I happen to know.

For the chewing, give him chew toys and keep your stuff put up.

As you can tell I'm more of an adapter than trainer. Whatever works. And they do grow out of a lot of that.

It's a good thing he's cute huh?

o

Toys and chew toys, along with lots of exercise to burn off some of that energy. You shouldn't try to stop a dog from its natural urge to chew but you can work on redirecting him if he's chewing out of boredom. Is he chewing furniture?

Ask the butcher for some beef knuckle bones, or leg bones, and let him gnaw away!

In addition to flavored chew bones, and real bones, my dog loves raw veges. Try offering your dog a carrot and other raw veges.
It's also possible that he's missing something in his diet and that's why he's eating pine nuts.

o

Ahh, what a cute face. He probably can give you that sweet little puppy dog look and get away with murder! LOL

o

Thank you all for the help. I have started training Him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here