Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugfruit

Saying Goodbye to my sweet Sadie

ladybugfruit
12 years ago

I wanted to thanks those that have posted to help me over the last week and a half. It is with a broken heart that my husband I made the difficult decision to help our precious Sadie to the bridge this afternoon. We have done everything we could for her and somehow it still doesn't feel like enough. We are so grateful that our vet will be coming to us so that our sweet baby can cross to the bridge in familiar surroundings with us holding her in our arms. My heart is breaking in two and yet every tear shed and the hole that will be left, is all worth it for the love of our girl. I don't think we can ever even begin to give back the joy that she has brought us....my beloved, my precious.,,I know Boo and Socki will be waiting to meet her and I take comfort in that.

My heart just hurts.

Comments (14)

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

Awww ... so sorry to hear it's time. My heart and thoughts are with you all.

• glaserberl
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry.

• calliope
    12 years ago

I haven't been online much for a week, so I missed your earlier post and just went back to read it. I know how much you must be hurting. My daughter and SIL also lost their 12 year old ridgeback this spring. They are amazing creatures and we also didn't know how we'd all be able to handle the grief. However, as you know, twelve years is ripe old-age for one and you've been blessed to have her for many years. Our ridgeback also began to have severe arthritis issues, and also after the fact, found out he was dealing with cancer. There is nothing I can say to lift the weight the ones left behind must carry, other than to say I'm sorry...........and that she was blessed to have a loving family and home. Of course, you did the right thing, and that's not always the easiest thing. I'll keep you in my heart.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear this.

• Ninapearl
    12 years ago

oh, sweetie, i so feel your pain and i am so very sorry for your loss. we can never possibly give back to them what they gave us whether it was for a short time or many years. i hope your memories of your dear sadie will put smiles on your faces, even through your grief.

big ((((hugs)))) to you.

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

Oh you poor sweetie, I am so sorry but know that Sadie will be waiting for you.

Hugs to you,
    Lynn

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

I am soooo sorry for your loss..........

• petaloid
    12 years ago

You gave her such a good life. All my best to you.

• ladybugfruit
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of your kind words...it's so hard to lose them..her bowl is still sitting where I left for her last meal. It broke my heart because Tasha always went and checked Sadie's bowl after meals...she did that this morning after her breakfast and then realized what she had done. We are all really struggling. I know it gets easier with time. It's just so raw right now. I managed to take Tasha for a walk this morning and was thankful no neighbors were out to ask about Sadie. I saw Tasha dreaming on the couch this afternoon and saw her tail start wagging. I really hope she got a visit from Sadie..she misses her best friend so much, as do my hubby and I.

• Lily316
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you're going thru. My sympathy to you.

• homebodymom
    12 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss.

• kim_okla
    12 years ago

I know it hurts, I'm so sorry.

• jomuir
    12 years ago

So sorry ladybug. Sending good thoughts your way.

• cindyandmocha
    12 years ago

Bless you, I am sooo very sorry. We miss them tremendously-- all their little sounds and footsteps and tricks.... That's just how it goes. We miss them -- but they are in a better place. Just try to remember the good things they taught us.