Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Musher's Secret

Posted by pamghatten (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 12:54

Anyone used this?

I was at a Pet Expo last weekend, took Rocky to his first public event, and he did great with all the people and other dogs.

I looked for boots, since he gets really sensitive to the cold and snow, but there weren't many and the ones they had were too small.

But one of the vendors had Musher's Secret, so I picked up a small jar of it to try and wondered if any of you had used it and what you thought of it?

Thanks,
Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Musher's Secret

I bought this for my service dog and talk to other service dog owners and it's been agreed that this product is useless unless you plan on softening your dog's pads, which is counter productive to it's purpose.

o

LOL! Great! Thank goodness I only bought the small bottle.

Has anyone used those disposable boots?

Rocky is a smooth-coated collie mix, with very small paws .. I can't see that the boots that velcrow around the foot will stay on his small little paws in the snow ...

o

Sorry, I have no experience with disposable boots. I just know that many dogs will fight boots tooth and nail, it can take a lot of work to get them used to them.

I would work on toughening up his pads by walking him on all kinds of terrain. He should have callouses built up that most things won't be able to effect. Granted, I know that it's skin and not shoe soles but still, those things can get really tough and thick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here