Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat with fur on bottom of feet???

Posted by SunnyDJ (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 11 at 11:50

We just took in another stray kitten, cutest darn thing you've ever seen but also a little stinker...But, this little beauty has fur growing on the bottom of her feet which I've never seen....She is semi long haired with tabby markings....
Just curious as I've never had a cat with long fur between their toes.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat with fur on bottom of feet???

Yes......some of my cats have had that. It may or may not bother him. If it does, it's perfectly alright to trim the hair carefully with round-tipped scissors. You'll know if the cat chews on it's pads or grooms them excessively. It can pick up all sorts of nasty stuff the cat is obliged to clean off by licking. If it's an outside kitty, things like sidewalk de-icer, mud. If an inside kitty, things like poo from the litter pan. Some cat breeds, this is pretty typical, like the Maine Coon and hybrids thereof.

o

I've had two cats with long hair between their toes. One was a Maine Coon Cat, and one was a Himalayan. Both of these cats had sweet, docile personalities.

o

Absolutely!! My boys all have furry toes. Since they don't go outside it doesn't bother them (meaning with snow or ice) but they do sometimes end up with kitty litter clumps!

o

Thanks for all the answers....I had a feeling she had a trace of Main Coon in her....She is a stray, very lovable but very ornery..At 1st she really wanted out but now I think she knows, she's inside for good....She's still in the chewing stage and I have the marks to prove it, lol....She also terrorizes the older 2 cats and I'm hoping after we get her spayed, she'll settle down...Maybe I should say, I praying she'll settle down and we'll have a calm, happy cat family.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here