Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cats strange urination

Posted by charbar87 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 5, 09 at 11:38

this is the second time this has happened. i wake up in the morning and it almost seems as though i have poured a glass of water in the bed. my cat was recently sick to the extent of not eating or drinking. we took him to the vet who told us he for sure had an infection due to a fever, but his elevated blood sugar level (it was 180) concerned the vet and he told us it could be feline leukemia. i was given antibiotics and instructed to make sure he drank and ate even if it came to forcing him, and if he did not get better, to rush him back. it has been 5 days, and he is almost back to normal. his huge appetite is back, and he drinks gobs of water. the only thing thats really strange and completely out of character is the peeing in the bed. it does not smell like urine, in fact there is no smell at all. i am baffled to say the least. he goes to the litter box on his own, sometimes i still have to take him. everytime though, he pees, but not much. im worried that there might be some lingering problems with his kidneys maybe? i dont know. if anyone has heard of this, or knows anything i would really appreciate something. thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cats strange urination

yes, it would be best to consult a vet since it is common also for cats to have urinary problems...

Mich

Here is a link that might be useful: Ben Cummings

o

It sounds like a kidney issue, please contact your vet immediately and good luck I hope everything comes out okay

o

Blood glucose of 180 in a cat not eating who is urinating in sleep with such dilute urine you can't even smell it sounds like diabetes to me. Diabetics are prone to infection, both systemic and of the urinary tract.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here