Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charbar87

cats strange urination

charbar87
14 years ago

this is the second time this has happened. i wake up in the morning and it almost seems as though i have poured a glass of water in the bed. my cat was recently sick to the extent of not eating or drinking. we took him to the vet who told us he for sure had an infection due to a fever, but his elevated blood sugar level (it was 180) concerned the vet and he told us it could be feline leukemia. i was given antibiotics and instructed to make sure he drank and ate even if it came to forcing him, and if he did not get better, to rush him back. it has been 5 days, and he is almost back to normal. his huge appetite is back, and he drinks gobs of water. the only thing thats really strange and completely out of character is the peeing in the bed. it does not smell like urine, in fact there is no smell at all. i am baffled to say the least. he goes to the litter box on his own, sometimes i still have to take him. everytime though, he pees, but not much. im worried that there might be some lingering problems with his kidneys maybe? i dont know. if anyone has heard of this, or knows anything i would really appreciate something. thank you

Comments (3)