Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugfruit

Backyard Potty issues ( from the skunk incident)

ladybugfruit
13 years ago

So I posted a few weeks ago about my girls getting sprayed by a skunk while roaming the backyard at night and we have since started only taking them out on leashes at night in well light areas to pee. Here's my issue, my old girl refuses to pee in the backyard on a leash. We spent almost 45 minutes out one night and finally gave up. SO, she's been going at least 12 hours without peeing which concerns me. No accidents in the house. She knows the command to pee on leash. While we were waiting to move into our house this summer, we stayed at a budget suites and she had no problem peeing on command, on a schedule. To try and reinforce the "pee pee" command, I have been doing positive reinforcement on walks, treating her when she pees, also been trying to do that in the backyard when I see that she is going to pee. Tried taking her out with her sister last night ( generally take them seperately at night, but wanted to simulate how it was at budget suites), no success. She just stands next to us and looks at us, only moving when we do. Tried taking her around the perimeter, which is her thing, still nothing. I am at a loss. Suggestions would be great. I am planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow to rule out any physiological issues that could be going on. I know she has not felt great lately due to allergies and she is getting older, I just hope it's a case of the stubborns and not something else. Thanks bunches,

LBF

Comments (3)