Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need birthday present ideas

Posted by ms_minnamouse (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 5, 10 at 1:41

It's going to be my standard poodle's 10th birthday on the 27th of this month and I need some birthday present ideas for this special day.

She already has basically everything a dog could want so I need some ingenious, creative, and original, ideas.

She sleeps in my bed and is allowed on all the furniture so she doesn't need a dog bed and she's indoors so she doesn't need a dog house. We avoid chicken, beef, wheat, and corn, in her diet due to allergies (we're not sure which she's allergic to but stay on the safe side and avoid all four). She gets lots of treats and has baskets full of toys. She's pretty lazy so chase toys and exercise things wouldn't be overly enjoyed by her.

I usually get her a "lot" of toys (like 20+) and some chews but want to get something special this year. I don't mind getting several presents. Money isn't an issue.

Thanks for suggestions and ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need birthday present ideas

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUPPERS!! how about a few hours at a doggy daycare where she can run and play and **gasp** roll in the dirt? i found a GREAT doggy daycare about an hour away from me. it's entirely cage-free, staffed 24/7. i've taken my dogs there twice and they have had an absolute blast! when i pick them up, their tongues are hanging out and they are grinning from ear to ear. :)

o

Maybe more for you than for her-- how about finding a professional pet photographer and having a nice portrait done of her?

o

How about a doggie massage? I've seen advertisements in my area for someone who does dog massages ...

o

Make a contribution in her honor to a poodle rescue, or any organization which helps homeless or needy dogs. Your dog doesn't need anything, but thousands of other dogs do. Happy birthday to your sweet girl.

o

I like the doggy day care idea but it's not for her, she's a homebody.

Cynthia, I make a lot of donations all the time and volunteer a lot of my time as well to many different animal organizations. I want to get something for her that she'd enjoy. This day is supposed to be about her.

o

How about a puppy to keep her company and maybe get her more active.?

o

Lol. That would be for my birthday! But that wouldn't work, my parents would never agree to another dog.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here