Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Cardamom toxic to cats

Posted by mal045 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 1:05

I have a 12 year old tuxedo tom named Adam. He loves to chew on my used herbal tea bags. I bought a new kind that contained Cardamom, of course he chew on the bag. I came home to find a very sick kitty. Our vet treated him for a reaction and the only thing that I can come up with that was new in the house was the cardamom in my tea. Could that caused a reaction in him?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Cardamom toxic to cats

Anything is possible, but I did some research and everything I found said that cardamom was healthful. No warnings about any bad effects.

Could your cat have swallowed the tea bag itself or the tag with the staple?

Is there something that is not new that he could have recently found and eaten?

Sounds like it's time to put things where he can't get to them.
(In our home we have to hide plastic bags because we have one cat that likes to chew off the handles)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here