Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat Litter...

Posted by momof6 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 1:02

New here...I have a 13 year old inside cat..took her to vet last week as she had scratched til she had sores on her skin...he gave her cortizone shot and antibotic shot...seems to be doing better...said it was allergies...I think she was allergic to cat litter... litter box is cleaned daily...so I started shredding paper and using pan liners.and change it twice daily...she is adjusting to that well..has anyone else used this method?...thanks in advance...Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat Litter...

We use unscented, clumping litter with pan liners and remove the clumps and stool twice a day, with a complete change every few days.

Our three cats have no problems with this so far. Litter made from ground corncobs might also be good for your cat. We used that for the rabbit we used to have, and liked it.

o

I would look first at her diet before I'd say litter is the main problem. She'll feel better for awhile after the cortizone and antibiotic shot but that's a short term fix.

Also take note of where she sleeps and where she spends a lot of her time. Many household products & cleaners can cause skin irritation in our pets and if you're using any on her bedding or where she sleeps, that could also be a allergic reactions.

o

Thanks both of you for your helpful responses...guess it will be a trial and error thing trying to figure out what the problem is...thanks again...Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here