Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittens_gw

My cat is having health issues

kittens
10 years ago

I have a 13 1/2 year old cat whose normally healthy. She had an episode about 2 months ago. She was dizzy, confused, had trouble walking (going in circles) and didn't seem coherent or recognize me. I brought her to the emergency room (it was a Sunday) and they couldn't narrow down a diagnosis without running every test available. They agreed that she didn't seem to be in immediate danger and it would be okay for me to bring her to my regular vet the next morning.

By the time we got to the vets on Monday, she was almost 100% better. I put her on the floor and she was walking completely normal. Then, she shook her head once and just about fell over. The vet guessed maybe she had a condition which I can't remember the name of it now. Something similar to when your equilibrium is off. She said it clears up all on its own.

We ran all of her blood work that day and it came back normal except her liver was a touch off but nothing alarming.

This Thursday she had another episode. She didn't seem as bad as the first time. I did notice that her pupils were extremely dilated. She was also moving her head strangely. She would almost twitch about an inch, try to look at something, twitch again. over and over. I kept an eye on her and she got better and better and by Sunday was back to normal.

Today she's back to not walking normally. She's been eating and drinking and using the litter box normally. One of my cats did vomit today and I suspect it might have been her but I'm not really sure (no one usually ever gets sick). She's never been on medication. I flea treated her about a month ago for the first time this season. It was after her 1st episode so I know it's not meds causing this.

I have to bring her back into the vet. Just thought I'd give a post to see if anyone could offer any feedback.

I feel so sorry for her :(

Comments (3)