Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bellaandqtpie

'mushy' diarrhea & 1' trunk rash, indoors, 8 y/o F cat!

bellaandqtpie
12 years ago

I have two 8-year-old (diff litters) strictly indoor cats in a top (4th) floor aptmt, that I occasionally let onto the deck to enjoy the sun-- they only sniff the two tomato plants we have, but otherwise ignore them. But I do wonder if the symptoms Bella has are at all related to the tomato plants or separate:

QT Pie seems completely fine, while Bella has developed some sort of 1" by 1" skin rash mid-trunk on the side about 3 weeks now, that has seemed to diminish but she still licks it and has created a little bald spot. Hot spot? I thought I would wait it out a little before going to the vet in case it was a play scratch/boo boo from QT Pie's claws or something, but now that she has had "mushy" diarrhea for a week and a half now (not liquid, but like a medium or "mushy" or semi-solid "mushy" consistency, light/medium beige color, no fresh or dried blood, no visible worms, no abnormal odor, litter visits for urination/diarrhea seem normal in timing), I am wondering what this could be.

I am starting to worry. I've had both since they were about 6 weeks old, so I know them both very well. Bella's temperment/habits have not changed at all:

She talks like she always has (a lot!), consumes water the same (has always sat for about 2 minutes consuming water, a few times a day), consumes her food normally (dry Taste of the Wild, recommended by the vet last year, as she was a little chubby, which has worked), occasional Greenie treats, purrs and cuddles during the day/night like normal, no foul breath, no accidents on the carpet except for the occasional hairball (long beige fur), and plays like a kitten still!

Last vaccinations for both were in November last year, so they're not due yet... any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated, as my husband and I are both students and we have limited funds! Thanks for your help!

Comments (2)