Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

I can't believe what just happened!

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

I'm a little shocked about an experience I just had. I live in an apartment complex. My apartment is right across from the the outdoor laundry room. I came home after going to the supermarket... my hands full of grocery bags. My cat Jasper usually greets me at the door with a meow. He did this time too, but there was a lady in the laundry room with some kind of white fluffy yappy dog and when he heard Jasper meow, he darted into my apartment (almost tripping me in the process) before I could get the door closed. Jasper hissed and the dog barked, but the didn't have a chance to scratch or bite each other. I dropped my groceries immediately (broken eggs on the carpet, not a good thing) and shooed the dog out with my foot. Thank heavens no one was hurt (except the eggs), but why would anyone bring their dog to the laundry room (is he going to help fold?) and why in heavens name wouldn't they have it on the leash. While all this was going on, the owner of the dog was still putting clothes in the washer and just calling the name of the dog... she didn't even leave the machine to see what was happening! I should have kept the dog a while and watched to see if she missed it (but Jasper may have killed it... he doesn't even like other cats!).

Good heavens....

I miss you all here, sorry I haven't checked in in a while. Jasper is still just as happy and fat and sweet as always.

Comments (3)