Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spiritwoolf

10 yr old cat potties on bed

spiritwoolf
9 years ago

Ok I know there have been changes in her life. I moved in about two months ago and my young kitten insists that these two older cats are going to be her friends. Frank says that his little girl, Tripod, is just upset but I'm not so sure.
She is a long haired girl and only one room in the house is kept cool. The heat could cause the summer weight loss, hair balls and the lethargy and yes new occupants in the house could cause emotional issues.
Tripod loves me, sleeps with me and follows me and waits for my return. She also poops on my bed in the night, Frank says she is just lazy.
Last night I was petting her, rubbing her thin back and sides and I noticed that she was pooping. As I rubbed, it came out. There she was standing there pooping...?
She gets Friskies canned and choice of two different dry foods (meow mix and what ever is cheap that we buy for strays) and cat treats. She does go outside but never leaves the fenced yard (lately we have to carry her out and carry her back in) She looks healthy (long hair covers her thinness) She doesn't seem weak or anything. Her appetite according to Frank always drops in the heat of summer so she has no reason to get off the bed and leave the air conditioning to do anything.
Is the cat sick? Or is she just displaying dominancy with the new females? Or is she lazy?
Ive only had a cat poop on beds once and it was a male vying for dominance against the father of the family who owned him (had I been a cat I would have pooped on that mans bed too).
I don't want to scold a cat for something it cant control and the petting incident tells me that it might be the case.
Tell me your opinion.... Please

Carol

Last time I got all worried about one of his cats the vet said I was over reacting

Comments (4)