Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheerful1_gw

Dog Benchseat Covers for Leather Seats

cheerful1_gw
12 years ago

We're picking up our new CR-V today, and want to get something to protect the leather seats from our German Shepherd (the new love of our life). He travels very well, but he's a little rambunctious.

I'd like something that will stay put and not move around when he does.

Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

• annzgw
    12 years ago

Ask the dealer if a cover is made for your car model. I purchased one when we bought our car (different brand than yours) and it's been on the back seat since we bought the car. It fits perfectly, covers all the edges and I've hauled dogs, lumber, plants, and had G'daughter and dog barf on it! Everything wipes easily and it's also washable. Yes, they're a little pricey compared to less expensive store brands, but they're worth every penny.

If you buy it when you pick up the car, they most likely will give you a discount. Ask for one if they don't offer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this your model?

• mazer415
    12 years ago

You can check Cabelas catalog they have great covers used for hunting dogs so they are very durable - they are expensive tho. If you dont want to spend much money go to Goodwill get a giant comforter (not down) and put it on the seat, then get a shower curtain for the times when the dog is wet and or muddy, they work great and when they wear out or get punctured by the dogs cloaws they are inexpensive to replace. Good luck

• weed30 St. Louis
    12 years ago

If you buy a used comforter from anywhere, bring a garbage bag with you and put the comforter inside and tie or tape the bag shut. As soon as you get it home, wash it, then throw it in the dryer. When it is *completely* dry, run the dryer for another 5 - 10 minutes. This will kill any bedbugs and their eggs that could be present. There is a real epidemic out there, and this precaution is simple and effective. (Oh, and throw the used garbage bag away, just to be extra safe.)

• mazer415
    12 years ago

How about putting the plastic garbage bag in the recycling container and having less of an impact on the environment.

• housefairy
    12 years ago

You didn't ask but also consider getting a harness that hooks into the seat belt. It will keep the dog from.....

1. Not jumping out of the car when you get to your destination and possibly getting run over in traffic.
    2. If you get in an accident the dog won't become a flying missile and hurt himself or you.
    3. If you get in a serious accident it would make it easier for the paramedics to get YOU out. Most dogs will protect what they perceive as theirs (the car) and would not allow anyone to enter. They have also been know to flee from the scene and become lost.

I'm sure you get the general idea. Also, you might look into getting a moving pad and sewing it, or use velcro, to fit around the back of the seats. Since you can get to the back seats it would be easy to make an envelope or pocket.