Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advantix - hot spots

Posted by carmen_grower_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 9:34

We gave our new 10 mo. old lab Advantix when we got him several weeks ago. We also gave it to our 2 yr. old lab who just got over hot spots. We started the medication because we assumed the hot spots were due to fleas even though we have never seen one.

The new dog has developed sores on the exact places where I put the Advantix, so I don't think it is a coincidence. Any one else have this reaction? (The other dog wasn't affected.) I have had many dogs in my lifetime and this is the first experience with 'hot spots'.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advantix - hot spots

Never mind --- I 'googled' it and found that there can be side effects, although very rare. Obviously, our dog had one of those rare side effects and I won't be giving it to him again.

I originally got it for our other dog who had a bad case of hot spots that we thought might be due to flea allergies. Still, I don't think I will be giving her another dose either and will see if she breaks out again. Since she had no reaction to the Advantix, I will continue it with her if it looks like she has a problem without it for the next two months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here