Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My kitty needs FHO surgery!! :(

Posted by renee_fl (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 9:03

I was supposed to attend a business breakfast yesterday morning. I got up and went to the kitchen to make my tea. I am always joined by three cats wanting their morning treats. Only this morning Tango - my 1-1/2 year old orange male tabby was not there. He is always first in line for treats. I immediately knew something was very wrong. He was hiding underneath the daybed and he could barely walk. I rushed him straight to the vet and she thought it was a very bad sprain but wanted to take an xray to be sure. Of course. The xray came back. Tango had broken his hip and needs FHO (Femoral Head Ostectomy) surgery on Monday. I am devastated. I have no idea what even happened. Last night we were laughing at him because he was running around looking for trouble. We adopted him about a month ago and he is beautiful, young and strong. I think I am still in shock. Does anyone have any experience with FHO surgery?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My kitty needs FHO surgery!! :(

I don't have any experience with this type of surgery. I am owned by 6 lively Siamese and a cat lover. Just wanted to say Hope all goes well and wishing a good recovery for your boy..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here