Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat peeing on bed

Posted by eaemthomas (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 6:51

Hi all! We have a 6 year old tabby whom we've had since he was 7 weeks old. We also have an 8 month old black cat whom we've had since she was 7 weeks old. 2 weeks ago our 9 year old long haired tabby passed away from liver failure. He died at home with us and was made comfortable. Our 6 year old, Sebastian, was with him all the time. Towards the end foster was laying in the same area on our bed and sleeping a lot. Since he passed Sebastian has seemed sad or off. He's been very clingy to myself and my husband. About 3 days ago we noticed he is now peeing on the bed where foster laid his last two weeks of life. The litter boxes are clean and this just started so recently. Can the two be related? What can we do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat peeing on bed

There was a thread about cats peeing on beds some time ago. Not sure at all if it would be relevant to your situation or not, but here's the link anyway. It will be suggested that you take Sebastian to the vet for a check-up. Could be an infection or some health issue.

Have you changed the litter brand?

Here is a link that might be useful: peeing on bed

o
RE: Cat peeing on bed

We changed their little almost a year ago. He has had no problem with it since then. And this only just started after foster passed away. I'm worried its am anxiety issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here